Hawaii's Diamond Bakery (www.diamondbakery.com) announced the October 1, 2010 launch of “Kimo’s On The Go” – Diamond Bakery’s Ocean Care Program for school children of all ages.
Diamond Bakery is partnering with Waikiki Aquarium on a program that educates students about the beautiful, yet fragile nature of Hawaii’s ocean. "Kimo’s On The Go” – Ocean Care Program is open to all schools and grade levels and teachers are encouraged to plan a trip to the Waikiki Aquarium with their students this fall.”
How the program works – 5 easy steps:
All classrooms registering with Waikiki Aquarium for a school visit between October 1 and November 30, 2010 will be automatically qualified for “Kimo’s On The Go” – Diamond Bakery’s Ocean Care program. To enter your classrooms into a pool for $100 prize drawing, teachers must finish the following steps:
· Log on to www.diamondbakery.com, and complete the KIMO''S ON THE GO REQUEST form online. You will be asked to provide school and teacher’s name, class information and time & date of your proposed school visit to the Waikiki Aquarium. Upon completion, an email confirmation will be sent to you. Each electronic request should be submitted only once per clssroom.
· Program mascots Kimo (right) and/or Olina* (left) will make an appearance during each school visit, greet the class, hand out snacks and take photos with the students.
· When the school tour has successfully been completed, the class must share with Diamond Bakery, photos and a one-page (or longer) summary of their aquarium visit to be eligible for the $100 prize drawing (up to a maximum of 20 classrooms).
· The collection of writings, illustrations and photos will be assembled and printed as part of Diamond Bakery’s Kimo’s On The Go Initiatives’ collection. Diamond Bakery will provide 20 FREE printed books to the students to take home or to use as a fundraising opportunity. Kimo and/or Olina will drop off the books for a book signing party to reward and congratulate the class for finishing their Ocean Care program.
· All visits to the Waikiki Aquarium must be completed by November 30, 2010.
* Kimo the dolphin and Olina the Octopus are two shapes that Diamond Bakery uses to make its Hawaiian Animal Cookies. They are the inspiration for Diamond Bakery’s commitment to save Hawaii’s Reef. And now the company thinks the world is ready to meet them in real life --- newly revealed mascots Kimo and Olina, for its Ocean Care campaign.
Dianond Bakery is providing cash and printed books as an incentive to Hawaii classes for participating in the program, our goal is to advance students’ understanding and aloha for Hawaii's ocean.
Diamond Bakery is donating the profits from sales of Hawaiian Sea Animal cookies to fund this worthwhile program. A check for $3,000 will be presented to Waikiki Aquarium for their school educational programs.
“Kimo’s On The Go” is the next chapter in Diamond Bakery’s Ocean Care Program that kicked off in 2008. The program is part of the company’s mission to “share heartwarming aloha” with the world.
For more information, visit www.diamondbakery.com or call 847-3551.